Leinster Rugby – Youth Coach Course (Kings Hospital)
October 02, 2022
Irish Rugby’s Youth Coach Course is an introduction to the 15-a-side game for coaches and helpers with limited experience in rugby.
The course is suited to people working with players aged 12+ with an emphasis on and enjoyment and coaching through best practice.
The course is designed to develop the coach in the role of ‘Teacher’.
- Participants must be a minimum of 16 years of age – Please note coaches aged 16-18 years are restricted to performing in an Assistant Coach role, under the direct supervision and guidance of an Accredited Youth Rugby Coach aged 18+.
- Priority (where required) will be given to participants actively involved in coaching Youth players
combination of IRFU ‘Gainline’ e-learning and practical/on-pitch rugby modules
- Complete 5 online modules:
- Laws and Coach Behaviours Exam
- Concussion Awareness
- Youth Coach Course Overview
- Motivation and Young Players
- Role of the Coach
- Fully attend the Course