The aim of the Men on the Move Project is to increase the level of physical activity amongst men over 35 years of age. The emphasis in the programme is to create awareness and understanding of the importance of physical activity and the health benefits not just on physical health but on mental health and wellbeing.
- Increased cardiovascular fitness
- Increased participation in regular sport/physical activity
- Increased self confidence and self esteem
- Improved mood states
- Reduced state and trait anxiety
- Improved resilience to and management of stress
- Improved sleep patterns
- Reduced feelings of isolation and depression
The benefits of the Men on the Move programme will not only have a positive impact on the participant but will impact positively on their immediate family, friends and wider community. The regular physical activity gained from the project and thereafter will lead to participants being both physically and mentally healthier; thus providing them with the platform to live an integrated active life within their community while striving to achieve their full potential.
For further information, contact Ruairi on 046-9067337 or email firstname.lastname@example.org