Meath Local Sports Partnership wishes to recruit a Sports Development Officer
This is will be a specified purpose contract for a period of 2 years. Hours of work will be 35 hours per week. The salary for this post will be aligned to LA Grade IV Salary Scale commensurate with experience.
The Sports Development Officer will foster and encourage a culture of Active Participation, supporting opportunities for and access to sport and physical activity in local communities paying particular attention to the development of initiatives for cross community engagement & participation; club development; volunteer development & full utilisation of and access to local resources.
The candidate shall have:
- A recognised qualification at degree (or higher) level or equivalent in sports development/community development/youth leadership or similar. Those presenting with a qualification in Community Development or Youth Leadership must be able to demonstrate life-long interest is sports participation/involvement.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- A good understanding of project-based programme delivery with measureable outcomes
- A good understanding of project evaluation
- Be motivated by and committed to sports development and increasing opportunities for participation, in particular among hard to reach groups in local communities
- Be self-motivated and able to work independently to meet or exceed goals displaying passion & enthusiasm for the area of work
- Be physically active & meet the National Physical Activity guidelines for adults on a daily basis (as a minimum)
Candidate must hold a full clean driving licence and have own transport.
Job & Person Specification available to download HERE
Please send Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae by email to: email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of applications: 12 noon Friday 22nd November 2019. Candidates may be short-listed on the basis of information supplied in their application.
Meath Local Sports Partnership is an equal opportunities employer.