Age & Opportunity is the national organisation that provides a range of opportunities for older people who want to get more involved in arts and culture, sport and physical activity and education and personal development.
Our Vision is an Ireland where all older people are more active; more visible; more creative; more connected; more often.
Our mission is to achieve the best possible quality of life for people aged 50 to 100+.
Go for Life is an Age & Opportunity Sport initiative, and the national programme for sport and physical activity for older people. It is funded by Sport Ireland and supported by local sports partnerships and the HSE.
- PALs (Physical Activity Leaders) – a network of over 1,200 volunteer Physical Activity Leaders (PALs) – mostly older people themselves, who regularly lead members of their groups in Go for Life physical activities.
- Go for Life Games –including the National Games (held on one day annually), Leagues and Friendly games. These games involve three sports that can be played in Singles, Pairs and Teams. The games are run with the support of Local Sports Partnerships and the HSE.
- Go for Life Grant Scheme – a joint initiative between our Go for Life programme and Sport Ireland. Grants are available to all eligible local clubs, groups and organisations that promote increased participation in recreational sport or physical activity for older people as a main element of their activities. A total of approx. €300,000 was available in grants in 2017. Each grant is usually between €200 and €600.
- Fitline – a telephone based service that encourages older people to get more active.
- CarePALs workshops – to empower staff and volunteers in day and residential care settings to lead suitable physical activities with older people. Staff can deliver physical activity sessions, which can then be included as part of the daily or weekly routine without additional costs to the care service.
We are currently recruiting a Go for Life Assistant Programme Manager
Applicants must have a minimum of five years’ experience in managing and /or co-ordinating sports and physical activity programmes. A degree level qualification in a sport or physical activity related field is essential.
This position is full-time, 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday. Flexi-time working arrangements apply.
This position involves a specific purpose one year contract.
A full job description and person specification is available on our website www.ageandopportunity.ie.
Please submit your CV and cover letter to:
Age & Opportunity,
St. Patrick’s Building,
Marino Institute of Education,
Griffith Avenue, Dublin 9
(or Margaret.Roe@ageandopportunity.ie) by 12 noon on Monday the 12th of November 2018.
Interviews will be held in early December 2018.
Age & Opportunity is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Please download Job Description & Person Specifation HERE