Physical activity doesn’t need to be complicated and walking is sometimes overlooked as a form of exercise. A brisk daily walk can help you to:
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Prevent or manage various conditions, including heart disease, high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes
- Strengthen your bones and muscles
- Improve your mood & overall mental health
- Improve your balance and coordination
GAA clubs leading the way!
On 21st Oct 2020, GAA issued an update to all GAA clubs in Ireland, permitting the use of Walking Tracks under Level 5 Covid-19 restrictions. The following GAA clubs in Meath will continue to allow local access to their walking tracks. Local restrictions may apply to access times, use of floodlighting etc. Be mindful of the 5km travel restriction, contact the named club representative below if you have any queries.
Please be respectful of the facility itself, of other track users, follow all signage when using the walking track. These are fabulous resources to have available to local communities.