- This event has passed.
Virtual Classroom Course: Level 1 Assistant Swimming Coach
January 18 @ 6:00 pm – 8:30 pm
- « L0-Intro Coaching Course Olympic Handball
- Safeguarding 1 Basic Awareness in Child Protection Online Course (FULLY BOOKED) »
Blended Level 1 Assistant Swimming Coach Qualification
Dates & Times
|Monday 18th January||18.00-20.30|
|Wednesday 20th January||18.00-20.30|
|Monday 25th January||18.00-20.30|
|Wednesday 27th January||18.00-20.30|
This is the VIRTUAL CLASSROOM element of the Blended Level 1 Assistant Swimming Coach course. Following the completion of the ONLINE module, you are eligible to complete the Virtual Classroom sessions followed by the practical element of the course.
We cannot guarantee when you will be able to complete the practical element due to local government restrictions.
Please note that Swim Ireland may cancel the course at any time. Furthermore, refunds will not be given once the course has started. Please enter the training room five minutes before the start of each module. If you require further support accessing the virtual classroom, please contact the Education team: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will be asked to complete work in between modules and be expected to submit this using our Swim Training and Education Platform (STEP).
Eligibility: You must be at least 15 years-old by the start of the course. Furthermore, you are required to have a valid Safeguarding certificate on your Swim Ireland profile along with a current vetting credential. If you do not have a valid Safeguarding certificate and a current vetting credential, you will be ineligible to complete the course. Please click here for the procedure for vetting applications.
If you are registering for the Virtual Classroom ONLY, in order to participate, you must have completed all elements of the ONLINE Module. If you have not yet done so, please purchase access to the ONLINE module prior to booking the Virtual Classroom Course: Level 1 Assistant Swimming Coach. The ONLINE module must be completed a minimum of 72 hours prior to the start of the Virtual Classroom Course.
Full course (Online Module, Virtual Classroom and Practical Sessions): €325.00 for member / €375.00 for non-member
Virtual Classroom ONLY: €150.00 for member / €175.00 for non-member
Module 1: Introduction, Core Aquatic Skills, Backstroke & Turns, Developing a swimmer, Use of equipment
- Know about the Core Aquatic Skills
- Know about key features of component parts of Backstroke and skills
- Know about the holistic development of swimmers
- Know about swimming equipment
Module 2: Scientific Principles, Front Crawl , Coaching, A.S.D.P & Skill Analysis
- Outline the basic scientific principles
- Know about key features of component parts of Front Crawl and turn
- Know about the role of the Assistant Swimming Coach
- Know about the legal aspects of assisting in the coaching of swimming
- Know about the structure of swimming
- Know about positive coaching behaviours
- Know about the pillars of swimming
- Know about the Athlete Support Development Pathway (LTAD)
Module 3: Components of Fitness, Principles of Training, Training Intensity Classifications, FINA Technical Regulations and Butterfly
- Describe the component parts of Butterfly stroke and turn
- Know about the components of fitness and the principles of training
- Know about the training intensity classifications
Module 4: Session Planning, Para Swimming and Breaststroke
- Know about the competitive swimming stroke of Breast Stroke and turn
- Know about starts
- Know the key components of swimming session plans
- Know about Para Swimming
- Know about the technical rules of swimming
Cancellations and Refunds
- Cancellation 28 days or more from the start of the course – full refund
- Cancellation between 28 and 15 days of the start of the course– 50% refund
- Cancellation within 14 days of the start of the course – no refund