Safeguarding 2 Club Children’s Officer Workshop
September 20 @ 6:30 pm – 9:30 pm
- « Safeguarding 1 Basic Awareness in Child Protection (FULLY BOOKED)
- Volleyball Level 1 Coaching Course »
Date: Thursday 20th September
Time: 6.30pm to 9.45pm
Venue: Windtown Unity Centre, Windtown, Navan
Recommendations from Sport Ireland are that every club involved with children and young people should appoint a Club Children’s Officer. This person should be child centred in focus and should have as their primary aim the establishment of a child centered ethos within the club. They are the link between the children and the adults in the club and also take responsibility for monitoring and reporting to the Club Management Committee on how club policy etc. impacts on children and their Sports Leaders.
The Club Children’s Officer should have the following functions:
- To promote awareness of the Code of Ethics and Good Practice for Children’s Sport in Ireland within the club and particularly among the children and their parents/guardians. This could be achieved by the production of information leaflets, the establishment of children’s/age-group specific notice boards and by regular information meetings for the children and their parents/guardians.
- To influence policy and practice within the club in order to prioritise children’s needs.
- To provide an accessible resource to children through the creation of forums.
It is essential that those who wish to attend the Safeguarding 2 Club Children’s Officer (CCO) Training have attended the Safeguarding 1 Awareness/Child Protection Training workshop.
It is recommended to have at least one Club Children’s Officer per club or if there is a large number of both boys and girls in the club, to have two Club Children’s Officers – one male and one female.
Cost:The cost for this course is €20 per person for clubs in Meath, for participants outside Meath the cost is €30 per person.
How to book: Please fill in 2018 Children’s Officer Booking Form and return to Meath LSP, Town Hall, Watergate Street, Navan, Co. Meath. *Please call Meath LSP office on 046-9067337 to check availability of spaces before booking.