- This event has passed.
Operation Transformation National Walk Day
January 18 @ 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Meath Local Sports Partnership and Sport Ireland have linked up with the OT team to promote National Walk Day on Saturday 18th January.
Organisers welcome all ages and abilities on the day and would love to see families getting involved. The event is ideal for beginners to come out and give it a go. Children must be accompanied by an adult. In the interest of safety and out of respect to other walkers, dogs are not allowed.
There are a number of walks happening across the County on the day – check out walks below for one that suits you:
- Ashbourne: meeting at Ashbourne Garda Station at 10am.
- Ballinacree, Oldcastle: meeting at walking track in St. Brigid’s GAA at 11am.
- Bettystown: meeting at main beach entrance at 10am.
- Carnaross: meeting at Carnaross Community Centre at 10am.
- Castletown: meeting at Castletown Pitch & Putt club at 10am.
- Cormeen: meeting at Cormeen Sports Complex at 10am.
- Kilmainhamwood: meeting at Kilmainhamwood GAA at 9.30am.
- Gibbstown: meeting at Wolfe Tones GAA at 9.30am.
- Trim: meeting on Castle Street (across from Garda Station) at 10am.
Participants are also welcome to join Parkrun on the day. Parkrun is suitable for walkers, joggers and runners of all ages! Parkrun is a free 5km timed course which takes place every Saturday at 9.30am in the following locations in Meath:
- Oldbridge (meet at Battle of the Boyne Visitor Centre, Drogheda)
- Blackwater Park, Navan
- Deerpark, Carlanstown
On Sat 18th, those wishing to participate as a walker and are new to Parkrun can come along on the day and participate in the National Walk event without having to pre-register with Parkrun. Meath LSP will have walk leaders present to accompany those new to the event.