- This event has passed.
Community Walking Leader Training
January 29 @ 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Irish Heart Foundation Walking Leader Training
Tuesday 29th January | 9-5pm | MDL Grounds, Navan
This course is primarily aimed at people wishing to lead a walking group or promote walking in their community or workplace. The course comprises of 1 day of training followed by a 4 walk task to try out your new Walking Leader skills.
- Physical activity guidelines for adults and how they relate to walking
- Structuring a walking session
- Creating a walking programmes suitable for people of different fitness levels
- Advice on issues such as posture, technique, stretching, intensity, clothing, etc.
- Safety issues and risk assessment
- Practical walking sessions covering a stroll and a faster paced walk
The training involves outdoor practical sessions, please dress appropriately for the weather and wear comfortable walking shoes. Once you complete the training you will asked to record 4 walks you have lead/co-lead. You will then be certified as an Irish Heart Foundation Walking Leader.
For further information or to register, please contact Lucy Dillon on email@example.com or 046 90 67337