- Bring your booking pass with you to sign-in
- Collect your wristband and number from “sign-in (marquee on Castle Street)” either on Sat 29th or up to 30 mins before your event start time on Sun 30th
- Wear your wristband at all times during the cycle – you require same for access to food stations and for medical and mechanical support
- Park in the FREE designated parking area (Porchfields)
- Make sure that your bike is in PERFECT working order – road bike are preferable, but mountain and hybrid touring bikes are acceptable (Tri-bars not allowed)
- Wear your helmet at all times – helmets should confirm to CE standard EN1078 (visible on inside of helmet)
- Rules of the road apply at all times.
- Cycle on the left at all times – if dismounting walk on the left in single file (be aware of cyclists behind you before you dismount)
- Cycle 2 abreast
- Give a shout to fellow cyclist if you are overtaking them
- Be aware of weather conditions and dress appropriately – wear sun screen if necessary
- Obey the instructions of the Gardai, road bike Marshalls and stewards.
- Follow the route as marked and signed – do not stray off the route or cycle against the flow of cyclists
- Think safety at all times – this event is held on OPEN ROADS.
- Put out the Child of Prague and face him to the sun!
- Enjoy the cycle!!
- Drop litter – respects your surroundings
- Behave in a manner that may offend or endanger other cyclists and road users
- Cycle more than 2 abreast unless overtaking other cyclists
- Ride in a large groups in the middle of the road – all roads are open to live traffic
- Pass on the left of a cyclist
What to bring:
- Booking pass confirmation slip
- Bike & Helmet!
- Appropriate cycle clothing and footwear
- Water bottle(s)
- Basic bike repair kit that includes: 2 inner tubes; puncture repair kit; tyre levers; multi-tool with chain splitter
- Mobile phone – fully charged
Other items we recommend that you carry:
- waterproof jacket
- sun screen
- sun glasses
Please be aware that weather conditions can change and you should bring appropriate clothing to keep warm in any adverse weather.